It's the age of the beard! Bearded dudes celebrate, it's your day to hop in the game. Whether you want to enter the local Paul Bunyan doppelganger competition or just defend your face against the weather, there are a few beard grooming tips you need to keep in mind. Take a peek at how to take care of your beard and get your facial hair from zero to hero.
Beard Styling 101
- Match it to Your Face - Make sure you look your best by getting something that suits your face's shape. Round faces can add some length by growing some more volume at the bottom while the rectangular-jawed guys might favor short sides and a fuller chin. Got a triangle shaped face? Grow it as long as you dare!
- Wash it Regularly - Like your regular hair, you've gotta wash your beard. A fresh beard not only looks better but also encourages beard growth since dead skin cells are washed away. If your facial hair is generally scratchy, giving it a wash can get rid of the itch.
- Maintain Your Beard - Beards are back but looking scraggly might not be. Make sure your beard stays under control using a widetooth comb and regular trims.
- Moisturize, Moisturize, Moisturize - Another reason for itchy faces is dry skin. Make sure it stays hydrated with beard oil or balm. The right beard product can give you moisture, control and style all at once. Same goes for mustache wax if your ‘stache needs some help.
- Keep a Healthy Lifestyle - To keep your beard growing well you’ve gotta put in the lifestyle work. Eat healthy food, get those zzz’s and exercise. Bada bing bada beard.
Sport Clips has You Covered
Not confident in your neck trimming technique? Don’t worry about it, ‘cause our Guy-Smart Stylists can give your beard a trim between haircuts. Our legendary hot steamed towel wrap opens up your pores to help your beard grow. Best of all, you can come in without scheduling an appointment, walk out with a full MVP Experience or only a neckbeard trim, whatever you like. It is your beard, isn’t it?
Prefer to plan ahead? Check on current stylist availability and wait times before your arrival at SportClips.ca/checkin or download the App!